• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Macs/Windows/Gerber Omega?

Arlo Kalon 2.0

while at a university this weekend, I saw a flyer for Macs on sale to students. In the description of it, it said they now run "your favorite Windows apps". Would that make possible utilizing one for Omega? Dunno squat 'bout Macs, but always believed all the Mac bigots were sincere in their belief of the superiority of the machine. Curious to check it out if true?

iSign

there are a few ways to run windows apps on a mac.

The new macs with the Intel chip can actually run the Windows XP operating system... in that case, I believe all your programs will load & run without knowing the difference.

The other way I know of was to use a mac program called virtualPC. I think this option has been available for a while & works on older macs... but to my knowledge it is not going to run all PC software, & I doubt it would run Omega (at least when you factor in driving various peripherals)

T.O.3

With the Intel based Macs it's possible to partition the hard drive and run Windows natively with a program called "Boot Camp". I don't know about Omega but I'm currently running Corel X3 and flexi 7 on the windows side of my 17" Mac Book Pro. So far it's been pretty reliable but there are still glitches that need to be worked out.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Keep one thing in mind too. Macs do not have parallel or serial ports - if that matters. Your equipment must be either usb or firewire - and firewire is mostly limited to video cameras and hard drives.