• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Magenta head clogged on JV-133

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
Hi, i have been printing with this printer for six months. its over 2 years old. does anybody know a really good way to save a JV-130 head besides the normal methods? All my heads (8) are perfect :clapping: except the magenta section. it doesn't matter what i do. the test lines are 68-73% there. this causes banding/fading with any red color in my machine when printing..
(i do have a syringe, so, could i remove the damper and "lightly push" the clogs out? i was going to preload magenta from the damper and push it through. its either that, or cleaning solution. So,i am only thinking out load, here......:rock-n-roll:)
i was also told you could take some pure alcohol and with a mimaki lint cloth wipe "back to front" on the head.
soaking the heads in solution over night does nothing. i am sure there has to be a way to do this...:doh:

In any case, i am waiting for some cleaning stuff to come in tomorrow...

happy printing!
Chris

artbot

if you need something stronger just add a little acetone to your solution. also i was told by a tech if you want to contact the heads with a swab, use a very saturated swab and the motion is a very light pivoting motion, not really doing any traveling across the head.

if the head is that clogged, you should take it out of the machine and really get a good look at it.

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
i hate solvent printers

thanks, i will.
now after printing some small jobs, my machine no longer prints, or does test prints.
all i get is this:

error 7
voltage error
(0----)

i then have to turn off the machine.
any suggestions? i do own a double barrel shotgun.
Chris

Rooster

Here's what the service manual says about the error 7:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Error-07.jpg
    Error-07.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 74