• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

magenta ink not flowing and solution

jr_tech

hi all,

first time poster here.

recently i had an issue with the magenta ink in my falcon ii outdoor not flowing anymore. i tried cleaning after cleaning and nothing. i called to ask about a gei or gci (can't remember which) tech visit and it was insanely expensive. i proceeded to try and figure it out myself and was delighted when i did. it turns out that the waste line from my capping station was clogged with some dried ink near the end of the line, where it dumps into the waste bottle. my first hint was that while all other inks were flowing down while cleaning, the magenta ink was flowing the opposite way and not really moving much.

i hope this helps someone out there. i was afraid that it was a damper or dead head. thank goodness it wasn't!

i learned that i must keep those lines clean! a tubing flush and cleaning solution on the capping stations did the trick, along with some squeezing of the waste tubes. what resulted was a blob of dried ink/gunk and a nice ink spray pattern on the floor :Oops: and a magenta head that printed again:thumb:. woo hoo! :Big Laugh:Big Laugh:Big Laugh :cool1:

if there is a better way to do this, please post.

also, what the best way to clean the magenta ink spray pattern off my concrete floor?

thanks all.

-jr

:signs101: :U Rock:

S

Sign-Man Signs

Did you use a syrenge to clean the lines? if so, how did you disconnect and where? I've found that there is really no service for our machines other than the high dollar guys. I have been learning to do it myself and have save thousands on service calls.
Welcome to Signs 101.

jr_tech

thanks for the tip. i just used my fingers (squeezing the line) and pushing down on it shot the dried ink/cleaning fluid/ink all over the floor.

where would i find a syringe that fits the waste lines? would savon or longs drugs carry a size that would fit.

as for where i disconnected the lines, under the removable metal cover on the right of my machine (which i removed), under what look like the pumps, there are brass nipples that the waste lines connect to. while squeezing and pulling with my finger, it popped off. i was able to get it back on there, but only after cutting a little bit of the tube off. i guess when it popped off, it tore a bit.

those techs are expensive. i look forward to learning more about my machine and how to take care of it. :thankyou::signs101:

Bradster941

Just do a search for "syringe" as this has been discuss many times and it will also provide you with instructions on how to use it.

MITCHATEXOTIC

wow its not even painful

I recently struggled thru similar problems but this board really helped
1.syringe works great
2.purchased mine at local pharmacy as a baby medicine tool
3.don't forget the lines you can't see directly below capping station dock
4.Don't be scared it was nothing to dismantle and reassemble
5.If syringe is to big use one of the fittings on the existing lines as an adapter

txjest

Hi, I'm new here, too- and came by the graphics department in my company basically by default. I'm more of a classical artist than a graphics artist, but am trying to learn.
I am going to try this tip and appreciate finding it here! My machine came with no user manual and the troubleshooting section is a joke.
I've got the issue of no dark cyan printing- and have cleaned, nozzle checked, and replaced the cartridge- to no avail.
So I'll try this with a syringe
and see if that works.
thanks!