• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Magenta Printing Under black??!

Ok so some of you may know I had to take and soak and flush the heads yesterday to get my magenta to print...

Now that I have reinstalled the head and started printing I have noticed that the magenta is off by 1/64'' NOT a problem at all considering I had no magenta all week, its easy enough to fix, and no one sees it but me.

BUT i did notice that under what should be 100% K black there is magenta spraying...
This could explain why we go through so much damn magenta...I just assumed it needed more coverage or something

We are using Versaart 640 printer with versaworks and basically use the 3m IJ-180 profile for just about everything...looks nice

So why would it print magenta every time it prints Pure K?

Again thanks to all who helped get us back up and running yesterday!

CS-SignSupply

Printing from Versaworks?
Using the Roland palette?
What color management preset are you using in the Quality tab (at the bottom)?
Do you have Convert Spot Colors and Convert Special Color checked in the File Format tab?

Printing from Versaworks?
Using the Roland palette?
What color management preset are you using in the Quality tab (at the bottom)?
Do you have Convert Spot Colors and Convert Special Color checked in the File Format tab?

Using cmyk sliders/what looks nice lol
Printing from Illustrator into versaworks
color management
"custom"
roland sign rgb
roland sign cmyk
colorimetric
colorimetric
embed icc profile checked
nothing checked in file format tab
--------

"Well there's your problem how are you even printing this way?! You must be color blind or somethin"

CS-SignSupply

Ancient Roland Secret :)

When exporting your file from ILLY, the Roland color has a specific name attached to it and Versaworks sees that name. With 'Convert Spot Colors' checked in VW, it assigns the appropriate ink formula based on profile and settings.

J Hill Designs

in my experience 100% black is dull...i add cmy to it to richen...my secret formula is 30/30/30/100 - others have different ones, like 50/40/30/100 etc...but adding the cmy colors richens up the black a crapload

boxerbay

I have also seen where in illustrator you have a black letter then a copy of that layer below it of the same black letter but it has a thick magenta stroke. the stroke sits centered so half the stroke is outside the letter and half the stroke is inside. the top black layer masks out the inner stroke so on the screen you only see outer stroke but there is magenta behind it. when printing the black edge will be darker than the center area because of the magenta behind it.