• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Magnetic cutting questions

David6ft6

I have a customer ask me to make something for him. He brought me a thin magnetic sheet (15mil) and it has thin double sided tape on the bottom of it. He's only needs it for the weight. It's about 3" x 3" with several sides on it. He wants me to print on it and then cut it out. I thought about printing on some vinyl and then stick it to the magnetic sheet but he wants 10,000 of these a month and I won't be able to use my cutter to cut through the magnetic and tape. I can score the magnetic material but it has the double sided tape.

Does any body have any ideas for me. I'm thinking if I can find a company that can make a die and go that direction.

Thanks for your help,
David
Woodlands Sign Company

Mutoh printer
Graphtec 54" Plotter
Laminator

4R Graphics

I second stouse they have what you need.
I have used them before for large run stuff.
They do good work and are easy to deal with.

Mosh

that kind of volume buy a cheap cutter and....oh calll strouse, not worth the mess...BTW when they tell you they are going to bring you ten BILLION signs later that means they are just wanting a low price NOW. trust me these guys are a dime a dozen...

I hear this once a day.. I will bring you 5,000 signs, if you can do these for that price, come on we are going to be your big customer. DO NOT FALL FOR IT!!!! These are the guys out there making payments to stay afloat.....chasing dreams!!!

PC Signs

My response to the customers that are going to bring me 5 million signs is that "I will give you a rock bottom price on this order as long as you sign a contract to take delivery of the other 5 million signs within the next 120 days". I have never had to write up the contract.

David6ft6

This customer is an old friend of the family and are willing to give me 20% of this venture. He applied the patent and if I can figure it out, should make good money. I have an old cutter but I don't think can cut through the vinyl, magnetic and double sided tape. On 10,000 a month, I'll be going through blades like crazy.

ionsigns

Not enough info for the "gang" to roll over and recommend doing it in-house.

Sub-it-out and mark-it-up. In-house is a HEADACHE the begins with pain and ends with suffering...and no profit guaranteed in between. Sub-it-out.

royster13

With steel rule dies and a clicker press you can die cut 10,000 in a couple hours......On a plotter, maybe a week or longer....Doing what you are trying to do on a plotter is "insane"....

David6ft6

The double sided tape is to put it on a piece of wood. He is wanting the weight of the magnetic and the tape for this project. If I can find a better solution without the magnetic material and I can convince him, I'll go that direction.

Thanks Again,
David