• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

making a color swatch and naming contourcut

cgsigns_jamie

If your using a Roland printer then VersaWorks comes with a color palette for Corel that works with the Roland Color System, that palette includes a CutContour swatch.

I believe it's located on the install disk, if you can't find it let me know and I'll email you a copy.

Bigdawg

Just Me
You don't even need to install the color swatch. In whatever program you are using, make a new color swatch, define it as spot color, name it CutContour (spelled exactly like that) and there you have it.

I usually use 100% magenta as my color definition.

graphix

If your using a Roland printer then VersaWorks comes with a color palette for Corel that works with the Roland Color System, that palette includes a CutContour swatch.

I believe it's located on the install disk, if you can't find it let me know and I'll email you a copy.
yes i am using versaworks and yes emailingme will be casey46@verizon.net
thanks

Bigdawg

Just Me
Edited: didn't look at forum category - oops!

you can define that new color swatch in Corel very easily...

graphix

ok named swat CutContour versa works don't recognize, loaded roland swatch put cutcontour and no go with that file as well,,exporting files as eps and bringing into versa as eps...anyone care to take a shot at whats wrong thanks..

cgsigns_jamie

Is "Cut all paths" selected in the Cutter tab/button?

How did you apply the contour cut, did you add a hairline stroke with the color defined as "CutContour"?

ChiknNutz

Yes, must be a line of hairline width, defined as a Spot color and must be called CutPath or CutContour (depends on the RIP).

graphix

ok when i put a hairline ,cutcontour,it says it is CutContour at top where i right click,now when i look at the bottom it says magenta,and the swatch cpl i am using say custom spot..thanks
bringing eps into versaworks its not cutting but is printing the magenta..

Last edited:

cgsigns_jamie

hmmmmm...... Sounds like your doing it right...

Can you email me the file? I'll take a look at it when I get to the office tomorrow (don't have corel at the house).

graphix

hmmmmm...... Sounds like your doing it right...

Can you email me the file? I'll take a look at it when I get to the office tomorrow (don't have corel at the house).
sent..thanks i am gonna ease this mind now...just about like a kentuckian here got a cutting machine but had to use scissors to cut;)

S

scarface

i've found that flexi uses the width of .24 pt for the cut line, i use this in illustrator as well and works fine.