• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Making sure all your ts' are crossed and i's are dotted.....................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hope this is in the right category, if not, it is now. :rolleyes:

In a recent thread, which various people said about getting a written Okay, here's one that just backfired on one of our customers. For those who count on verbals working out for them.

Got a request to do a sign for a customer's front porch sign about the middle of December. Small thing at about 2' x 3' one sided. I told her before we start, get the permit Okayed. She took the proof [a preliminary proof] over and they asked if we could get it down a little in size due to a square footage requirement. So we did. We needed to shave about 1 square foot off. That's that, huh ?? Did that and then proceeded to fine tune the sign and went back'n forth on colors and changing a font on one of the words. Final is achieved. She told me to start it. I asked her if she got the permit in hand. Nope. Well, get that before we start. But they already said it was Okay. Just get the permit. This was before Christmas. She was slowly fuming and coming to a boil and was getting madder by the day at me. She's been in this location without a sign since September. We're now in the New Year and still no sign.

She just forwarded her NON-permit to me saying because of a discrepancy with her landlord's violation of signs, they cannot at this time allow her to move forward. Now, she wants her money back. I told her between drawings, proofs, layouts and whatnot, her deposit has been more than used up. So, she wants to put it towards magnetic signs. So, his violations affect her ability to do business within the law. So after further investigating, she's SOL. Taint my fault, huh ??

When you get a dated and signed permit, is when you can start a customer's sign project...... not before..... oh, and make sure your quotes make mention that deposits are non-refundable. :rolleyes: