• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

"Mark Scan Error" on FC7000

Erikka@Rainier

Trying to plot some printed vinyl and we are running into a few issues.

First issue we get is "Mark Scan Error", which I assume is the sensor having trouble reading the registration marks. We do have some slight overspray on the marks which we cleaned up by cutting the vinyl away and leaving only the reg. marks. Doesn't necessarily help. Also tried putting matte laminate over the marks since I've read that glossy lam can affect the sensor's ability to read.

Sometimes, the sensor will read all 4 corner reg. marks, go back to Mark 1 but not plot the job. It just sits there.

We are using ONYX CUT SERVER, on a few occasions, it gives us a USB HANDLE error and we are just stumped on this.

Any insight would be most helpful. Thanks in advance!

Erikka@Rainier

I see some activity in the Graphtec section but sadly no replies to my thread. We did get one of our prints to plot today by scraping the lam over the reg mark with an Xacto blade but after doing that to the other prints, it's now not working again.

Is it possible to remove the sensor and clean it? Help Signs101, pretty please!

Kevin-shopVOX

I see some activity in the Graphtec section but sadly no replies to my thread. We did get one of our prints to plot today by scraping the lam over the reg mark with an Xacto blade but after doing that to the other prints, it's now not working again.

Is it possible to remove the sensor and clean it? Help Signs101, pretty please!

Was having the same issue with fc8000. Scotch Brite pad on the lam over the marks. Now I don't have any issues. ( well of that sort)

Erikka@Rainier

Yeah, I think we will be doing that next time as we are currently doing the Xacto scrape and having no luck. I did learn that I am 2 versions behind on the firmware so I'll be doing that next.

EDIT: Just updated the firmware to 2.1 but now an odd thing is happening. When the sensor goes over the reg mark, it just blinks on really fast then throws the Mark Scan Error. Normally, the laser light moves back and forth over the reg mark before telling me there is an error. I'm ready to toss this thing out the window, I'm at a loss.

Last edited: