• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Marque sign soft face not acrylic face?

4R Graphics

Ok learned some stuff so I am editing this post.
Here is the deal I have a large 15' by 15' flex face in a back lit cabinet the flex face is white never had graphics on it. The face is installed in the cabinet I am wanting to know can I put cut vinyl on the flex face some say yes some say no what do you guys say.
Do I have to take it down to put the vinyl on? Can I print on clear and apply it over the top of the flex face material or print on translucent material? The flex face material is white. I heard Merrit graphics prints the flex faces is this true? Any knowledge you guys could share about flex faces how to take down and put up tips on putting the vinyl cut or printed would be great. I have done a lot of acrylic cabinets, cut vinyl, vehicle wraps but this is my first flex face sign.

All info and help is greatlly appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:

grafixemporium

We just did our first flex face. It was a 20x10 full color digital print direct to flex face material. We used ABI here close to home. They ship nationwide. However, we had tons of trouble getting help hitting colors. Eventually we got it right, but only after I made 3 trips down there to deal with their prepress guys. Merrit can do it too, but when I inquired their turnaround times were too long. I'm definitely open to suggestions on providers for this, too.

I don't know enough to even comment on applying cut vinyl to an existing stretched face, but my concern would be the two materials expanding/contracting at different rates causing premature failure.

4R Graphics

I have used merrit in the past and was very happy with there product and service turn around time is a little long but I can wait if the price is right.
I have read other places that many people seem to have good luck with vinyl applied to the flex face and some say that if you put vinyl on and then stretch it that it will have problems so i am really wondering if anyone can comment on print or cut vinyl being applied to flex face and if it is ok or a big no no.

Anyone have any experince they want to share?

John Butto

The bow in a 15'x15' flex face installed on the cabinet would be a bear to put cut graphics on. Cut a letter out and experiment and see if you could handle that. Form your own thoughts and also try the clear and other material while it is stretch on the cabinet.