• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Matching an Embroidery Font, Help!

Graphics2u

I have run through Find My Font, What Font is, and WTF, but no matches. i'm trying to get as close as I can for some screen printed T-shirts to what they have embroidered.

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• Bagley.jpg
    Bagley.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 100

Colin

It looks familiar, but I wonder if embroiderers have some proprietary fonts that they use.

:help

Graphics2u

It looks familiar, but I wonder if embroiderers have some proprietary fonts that they use.

I think that is the case, but I would think someone would have come up with something similar. The real differences are the angled serifs.

WildWestDesigns

Yep, we do, but that's not in my collection, at least not a quick glance though. It could be one that is no longer in circulation though.

Easy enough to trace.

Those are pretty big thread jumps. What size was this originally?

Graphics2u

Yep, we do, but that's not in my collection, at least not a quick glance though. It could be one that is no longer in circulation though.

Easy enough to trace.

Those are pretty big thread jumps. What size was this originally?
I don't know original size, but I'm guessing it was caps or left chest logo.

WildWestDesigns

Embrodery itself destroys the font with the sewing.
try to look here: http://www.embroiderydesigns.com/freeembroideryfonts.aspx
Sportage Tall - site 4

It depends. It depends on how it was digitized and at what size it was digitized for. Not all fonts can be used at the same size. When you have professionally digitized fonts (not all are TTF fonts at that), they have min and max stitching values. You go above or below that, that's when it looks like embroidery itself destroyed the font.

This is one of the reasons why designs so often have to be recreated in embroidery. You might see the one letter of text as just one object, but depending on size and fabric, it might translate to 6 objects in embroidery.

What bothers me the most are those thread jump connectors, especially between the "Y" and the "L". I can understand it from a production standpoint, but I would have tried to use closest join to hide those and would have used a trim between the words. They were just too concerned with production and not enough on final product. Unless they are going to manual cut between all of those letters, some of which I doubt that they could.