• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Material and pricing

BlueRoseAuto

if there is already a thread about this i apologize in advance.

Im looking for answers on what people are using in their sign shops and also what they use for flat surface installs on trailers and walls.

Walls are becoming very difficult to Quote and install, because of the paint industry making low VOC paint product. The stickiest stuff i know (Arlon 8000) does not even stick to this. Is anyone figuring out a better way other then mounting on substrate and mounting on the wall?

also , I have been using Arlon Fusion for flat surface installs, its cheaper because its cal film but still easy to work with. things like trailers and box trucks. Is there another option? fellers black label cast? anyone use it yet? what are your thoughts?

Then we have the stickers and sign material. I have always used cheap cal film (3641) with lam from Avery 2060/2080 series. Mounting this to ACM / Corrugated, foam-core and so on. and also using it for stickers.

The single stickers and foam-core try and bend inward over time. Is this my lam? is the lam process stretching it? is it because its cheap cal film? what does everyone use for stickers and why?

And then we have the hard job of pricing out vehicle wraps.

I have been using a formula by sq ft

Basically it lays out like this,

1-50 sq ft is $20 per sq ft, 51-100 sq ft is $19 per sq ft and so on. then take into consideration the base color of vehicle vrs what they are wanting. (reds yellow and white being more money) dark vehicles being cheaper.

then painted handles and mirrors are an extra $25 each. semi trailers are usually cheaper because of the flat surface pricing at $10 or $11 per sq ft.

IDK if this is the best way but it has got me to this point and im curious how others price them.

I appreciate everyone who has taken the time to read this and hope we can all gain some knowledge with the answers and discussion.

Thanks, Steve

JBurton

Signtologist
If you haven't tried any of the substance stuff, it's cheaper than arlon, 3m and oracal. Seriously, call them up, and they'll ship you samples of each product you're interested in. They only sell direct. https://substance.com/
As far as pricing wraps, I can't help there. $20/sqft sounds high, but if it includes everything from design to installation, I guess it sounds good.

BlueRoseAuto

If you haven't tried any of the substance stuff, it's cheaper than arlon, 3m and oracal. Seriously, call them up, and they'll ship you samples of each product you're interested in. They only sell direct. https://substance.com/
As far as pricing wraps, I can't help there. $20/sqft sounds high, but if it includes everything from design to installation, I guess it sounds good.
The $20 per sq ft usually is only used with spot graphics because its the smallest sq ft option. and we include an hour design time with every instal. this includes placement , mock up and design work. thank you for your reply
Just checked out the website. their pricing is amazing. the icon 2755 looks like trailers and substrate . is this the one you are talking about?