• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Material Suggestions

AlleleGraphics

Hi...
I am designing a 3 dimensional sign for an interior wall for a jeweler.
I was hoping to find something with a nickel finish as my backer piece...
not too large, approx. 24x36 w/ 3/16" radius on the corners.
I looked online but haven't been able to put my mits on anything...
can anyone get me some suggestions?
I would be more than happy to share the design, just to get the visual through to whoever might be able to help!
Thanks again!!!
Stacey

signs2trade

You could cut a radius a 1/4" piece of aluminium flat stock and then have it nickle plated.. Probably not the cheapest option though.

Tim

Turning Leaf Lettering Co.

Hi Stacey,
FDC makes a vinyl that they call Silver. The part # is 2800-2403-007. I find that the www.fdcfilms.com site is not great for showing their own product, but get a sample films book from your dealer. If you are looking for brushed nickel there are many ways to achieve it. Is the piece you need to have nickel carved or 3-dimensional in any way or is it just a flat backer? We have done many brushed nickel/ aluminum look alikes with paint. I would be happy to explain if you would like.
Best of Luck!

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Go to home depot or lowes and look at chem metal samples in the countertop department. It is thin and probably should be laminated it to something ridgid.

Bright and reflective is difficult to make readable because the color changes based on the lighting and environment and it will scratch over time with cleaning. I usually push client towards a brushed finish.

Just though of another solution, order something from Gemini stud mounted with a template...

CS-SignSupply-TT

There have to be dozens of "formica" (i'm showing my age)/solid surface dealers in J'Ville. They should have the color and finish you need, as well as the wherewithal to manufacture it for you.