• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Materials for short term full vehicle wraps.

TSC1985

Hello,

We have a client that wants to start a new campaign by wrapping their existing fleet with full coverage graphics. I was hoping that there might be more cost effective vinyl and laminate for this VERY (<6 month) short term coverage time. We will be wrapping a few VW Jettas as well as some mini vans and Transits. Printing with XR-640 and cold lamination.

Thank you.

reQ

I would stick to same cast wrap materials (in my case is 180CV3) You still have to keep in mind that you will have to strip it down & clean after. If it would be for flat trailer wraps i would suggest using supercal vinyls such as 3m 40C / Orafol 3551

heyskull

Hello,

We have a client that wants to start a new campaign by wrapping their existing fleet with full coverage graphics. I was hoping that there might be more cost effective vinyl and laminate for this VERY (<6 month) short term coverage time. We will be wrapping a few VW Jettas as well as some mini vans and Transits. Printing with XR-640 and cold lamination.

Thank you.

We had a similar enquiry regarding a fleet of thirty vehicles and cars.
The issue isn't about finding a cost effective material for the wrap, but more the costs of applying and removing.
It does not matter if it is a cheap material the application time will be the same regardless.
Also some of the more higher quality wrap materials are a lot easier to apply than say a standard cast material reducing fitting times.

The only savings will be made on cost of material which I feel will be negligible over the cost of this job.

Needless to say the client decided on a more permanent semi wrap that could be easier applied and removed.
On a further note even though these vehicles were supposed to be used for 6-8 months, most of them are still running two and half years later with the same wrap on.
So much for a short term advert!
If this fleet had been wrapped cutting corners it would have looked pretty dreadful after 2+ years.

SC