• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Matte Liquid Laminate Recommendations?

thewood

I have a client who is looking for a matte finish on some interior banners. I've printed some samples on a matte banner material (Suave 13oz), but they want something even more flat.

Can anyone recommend a liquid lam suitable for use with solvent inks that will provide a very flat finish?

Baz

I have only used semi-gloss and gloss but doesn't waterbased ClearShield come in matte also? If yes then that would be a good solution for you. ClearShield works great with banner material!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
The thing about various finishes on liquid laminates, like Clearshield, it that they are rather chameleon like. They pretty much take on the gloss of whatever they're applied on. They tend, that's tend, to make the result conform to whatever their gloss level might be but if you put matte Clearshield on gloss media, it will definitely have a gloss. Vice versa with gloss on matte media.

gabagoo

I use Neshan liquid lam on banners and it is pretty matte. I find it easier to work with than Clearshield.