• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

matte white material for wraps

VinylLabs.com

1080, 970ra, and hexis hx30000 matte white all come ready to go. they are ALL laminated.
weird, I called up ND graphics and they told me straight from the material specification that 970ra required lamination ("well it does not REQUIRE, but it's highly recommended") and I cannot find hexis anywhere in montreal...

Not only for wrapping, the price per roll is what I check last. First I check how I can work with the vinyl. If it's easy to work with, I will save time and material and if in addition it's a good quality, I will save headaches, time and money...
If you want to work on complex shapes and go to the limits of the vinyl (and know where they are), I think it's a good idea to go to a wrapping seminar from the brand of vinyl you are working with (vinyl "x" needs to be worked differently than vinyl "y"). If you are lucky, your teacher will show you many tricks and hints to get the maximum from your vinyl and how to save time and avoid mistakes. If you are not lucky, your teacher will be a salesman.

I was close to signing up for a wrapping seminar in TO (6hours from here) but work did not allow me to go. when I make a move into getting my printer I'm going to have to move from full time at work to part time. My supplier has told me to give him a call when I do my first 2 wraps, he said he will do them with me to show me the tricks, just cause he likes doing it.

He's actually now told me he likes installing but not printing, so he might sell me his printer (50% of it) and I handle all the printing and he does installation... I'm thinking about it, but I don't think there will be enough work for the both of us.

I can start these wraps without buying the sp-540

natedawg9640

Indeed. Stop being cheap any bite the bullet. this isn't regular run of the mill vinyl. I've used the 1080 series (black CF one) and it an absolute dream to work with. shrinkback it great, conformability is great, air release works great. It really nice stuff and the finished product was top notch. I am considering wrapping my whole car in it as a bit of advertisement. sure, it's expensive, but you get what you pay for as far as im concerned.

VinylLabs.com

Allright. So if I get it from supplier A for 687$ and I get the same material from supplier B for 550$ It will be better quality at supplier A?

Like I said before, I'm not looking for a cheaper material. I'm looking specifically 1080, found ONE place selling it, and asked if that was a respected price, since this supplier has ripped me off before.

Intense01

Allright. So if I get it from supplier A for 687$ and I get the same material from supplier B for 550$ It will be better quality at supplier A?

Like I said before, I'm not looking for a cheaper material. I'm looking specifically 1080, found ONE place selling it, and asked if that was a respected price, since this supplier has ripped me off before.

I just did my personal shop car in Matte Black 1080 Scotchprint. I paid somewhere around $590 for a 60"x25yd roll. It was well worth the money and very easy to work with once you get it down. This was my first complete wrap and it turned out very nice. I have 2 other people lined up for matte white and I wouldn't hesitate to use 3M again. You will make it back off the job and it will make your life easier.

As for the supplier. I would go with whoever is cheaper since it is the same film. If the more expensive supplier has ripped you off in the past go with the cheaper one.

Good luck!

VinylLabs.com

I just did my personal shop car in Matte Black 1080 Scotchprint. I paid somewhere around $590 for a 60"x25yd roll. It was well worth the money and very easy to work with once you get it down. This was my first complete wrap and it turned out very nice. I have 2 other people lined up for matte white and I wouldn't hesitate to use 3M again. You will make it back off the job and it will make your life easier.

As for the supplier. I would go with whoever is cheaper since it is the same film. If the more expensive supplier has ripped you off in the past go with the cheaper one.

Good luck!

thanks, so now I'm feeling better about 680 for a 25 yard roll, I'm assuming you're from the states? how long did it take you as your first wrap, and how much material did you end up using? I'm kinda thinking I'll be using more then half because I'm pretty sure I'm going to make some mistakes. one of the guys with the f150 king cab backed out when I told him the price, he told me "more like 1k I'd do it, but around 2k is out of the question"

Intense01

thanks, so now I'm feeling better about 680 for a 25 yard roll, I'm assuming you're from the states? how long did it take you as your first wrap, and how much material did you end up using? I'm kinda thinking I'll be using more then half because I'm pretty sure I'm going to make some mistakes. one of the guys with the f150 king cab backed out when I told him the price, he told me "more like 1k I'd do it, but around 2k is out of the question"

It took me about 10 hours to do the job. I messed up the hood initially and went back and did it over again. I am from California and the price I paid I think is pretty reasonable from what I have seen. I am not sure how much I ended up using. I still have a fair amount left over. The material is pretty nice though. I have been out of the business for a few years and I can't believe how good the material has become. Good luck with it and post some pics when you are done. I will get some pictures of my car and post them up soon.

CheapVehicleWrap

ohh ok. 25 yards. That's not a roll, that's 1/2 a roll. $1000, tell him to pound sand. Same for 2k. Color changes do not come nearly that cheap... even here. You WILL NOT make money on your first few wraps. In fact if you're printing, you can stand to loose a bit. If you're worried about time while you learn, this game is not for you. You WILL need time. Do not figure 10 hours to properly do this wrap. You're first will and should take you as long as it takes you. And as much material as you need. If you tell the guy he can have it back at a certain time you'll either botch the job or deliver a half wrapped vehicle. Everyone is different, but you WILL spend MUCH MORE time than you think you will. AND THAT'S OK! Unless of course you're not concerned with quality.

VinylLabs.com

ohh ok. 25 yards. That's not a roll, that's 1/2 a roll. $1000, tell him to pound sand. Same for 2k. Color changes do not come nearly that cheap... even here. You WILL NOT make money on your first few wraps. In fact if you're printing, you can stand to loose a bit. If you're worried about time while you learn, this game is not for you. You WILL need time. Do not figure 10 hours to properly do this wrap. You're first will and should take you as long as it takes you. And as much material as you need. If you tell the guy he can have it back at a certain time you'll either botch the job or deliver a half wrapped vehicle. Everyone is different, but you WILL spend MUCH MORE time than you think you will. AND THAT'S OK! Unless of course you're not concerned with quality.

Hey, this is why I want to wrap in 1080 (or flat colors ) first.

1) By wrapping flat colors I do not need to worry about registration of seams untill I get comfortable.
2) the price to buy it is cheaper then getting the printed material.

That's why I wanted to do this first.

secondly: I was expecting 2 days for 2 people to do the wrap. I'm doing my car first, so I don not care too much about FINAL quality (a few seams and bubbles won't bother me, the car does not have advertising on it) and I think all the clients I get in the beginning I will tell 2 days for the wrap till I get the hang of it.