• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Max Metal ACM issues gone?

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
During the pandemic, Grimco's Max Metal ACM had a lot of issues - wavy appearance, flaws in manufacturing. The surface was not nice and smooth. I stopped buying from them. I presume they got it resolved? Now I'm having similar issues with another supplier....and Glantz is out of stock, so I'm kind of stuck with Grimco for now. It's really frustrating because you can't tell unless you peel the liner and look at the surface really close. But it's very noticeable once you put vinyl on it.

During the pandemic, Grimco's Max Metal ACM had a lot of issues - wavy appearance, flaws in manufacturing. The surface was not nice and smooth. I stopped buying from them. I presume they got it resolved? Now I'm having similar issues with another supplier....and Glantz is out of stock, so I'm kind of stuck with Grimco for now. It's really frustrating because you can't tell unless you peel the liner and look at the surface really close. But it's very noticeable once you put vinyl on it.
Grimco, MaxMetal, has some horrific defects in it quite often(will post pictures if wanted).
N'Glantz, BeBond, has the same issue very rarely and it is always very isolated, unlike maxmetal.
Here is where it gets weird. They are both made by the same company in the same factory(did not expect that at all) in the UK( I expected China, like most things today).

I have given examples of said defects to my sales reps from both vendors(one of them was here today) in person.

They(said they) will send it to the manufacturer and hopefully they can use it to resolve the issue.

Last edited:

Rohit Prasad

WWW.COMPASSCOLOR.COM
Grimco bought acm maker alupanel and their material has just been fantastic. We’ve gone through several hundred sheets with no issues.