• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

media comp

Stat

Is media compensation needed if no take up roll is currently used.

We took our complete printer to a certified Mimaki tech to be serviced to save the $1000.00 it cost to get them onsite. Turns out it may have cost anyway. When we picked up machine the tech said "What take up reel? You didn't have one". They also seem to have misplaced the bracket or latch that holds the cover on the machine.

Case

Media comp needs to be adjusted with or without takeup reel.... Different medias themselves will factor, not just using a takeup or not...

You may luck out and not have to adjust the media comp on certain medias, but i would always check it obviously...

Also do it if you change head height and do the print adjust as well when changing head height.......

Case

Letterbox Mike

You loaded up your printer and took it somewhere to be serviced?!? Haha, that's amazing!

Yes, media comp is affected by the takeup reel, but it's also affected by the thickness of the media, temperature, and environmental conditions. It should be inspected and adjusted regularly during prints to ensure optimum print quality, takeup or not.