• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Message Center Demo Videos

dwarrior

My boss is wanting me to make a video with a message center on a pole sign that we have designed. I have no experience with video editing and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on doing this or any tutorials I could watch or follow. If you have a free or cheap program i could try, that would be great.

Here is an example that Watchfire did for us.

[video=youtube;ZYOmfQEZUeg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYOmfQEZUeg[/video]

If I am posting this in the wrong thread, I do apologize.

Last edited by a moderator:

defarge

You'll have to get the pixel dimensions of your display (I design for a big one, yet the pixel dimensions are only 252 wide x 160 tall). I use Adobe AfterEffects to combine background videos with text and product images. I am only using CS3; I am sure CS2 is fine. If you make sure and keep the "view" you're working in small (100%, at your display's pixel dimensions) it's easy to see what will work and what won't. Thick, sans-serif type faces are best. One helpful trick I learned was - take a screencap of your video/text composition into Photoshop, and switch the mode to grayscale. If you have good contrast, it still looks great. If your colors are too close in value, it's gonna be a blur of bright lights out on the LED sign. In the end, you will have to use whatever cruddy software controls the sign - in my case, it's Daktronics Venus 1500 - but you're ahead of the game if you start with a great video.