• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki 3D printed replacement parts

Forty One

Thought I might start a thread on 3D printed parts you might need for your Mimaki.
Mimaki HQ here wanted $150 ea for the fume extraction fittings. I had one of the original and thought I could atleast try to print it.
Here's the file. It should also accomodate any other machine with the extraction fan setup and accomodate a 100mm hose.
PXL_20240908_235050922.jpg

White Haus

Not a Newbie
That's badass!! I think printer parts/accessories is just about the only excuse I have to get a 3D printer, lol.

JBurton

Signtologist
I thought you were going to use a mimaki 3d printer to produce replacement parts for other equipment, was wondering why anyone would waste such expensive ink to... oh.
Very cool, glad some folks aren't afraid to put their 3d printers to real world use!

Forty One

Last edited:

Smoke_Jaguar

Man who touches printers inappropriately.
Note that the fan ducts on the back of most Mimaki printers is actually intended to blow down/into the printer, not to extract air/fumes. I think the UJF series is the main exception. Had to deal with some weirdness from people trying to strap fume extractors on the back of CJV's as a result. The right application is shown, but just for people in the future.

Forty One

Not on the JV33. these fans blow outwards. There would be no benifit in blowing onto unprinted media.
The place where I got these printers from had the fume extraction system set up as such.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Note that the fan ducts on the back of most Mimaki printers is actually intended to blow down/into the printer, not to extract air/fumes. I think the UJF series is the main exception. Had to deal with some weirdness from people trying to strap fume extractors on the back of CJV's as a result. The right application is shown, but just for people in the future.
Mind elaborating on that a bit? I've consider adding fume extraction to our UCJV / Epson printers but not super excited about cutting holes in them, and always wondered what that air flow would do in terms of static / ink spray etc.

Thanks!

CanuckSigns

Mind elaborating on that a bit? I've consider adding fume extraction to our UCJV / Epson printers but not super excited about cutting holes in them, and always wondered what that air flow would do in terms of static / ink spray etc.

Thanks!
The Epson exhausts the air along the entire back of the printer, I have an exhaust fan behind the printer, but it's not connected to the printer, It definitely helps, but I can still smell it during heavy print days.

Smoke_Jaguar

Man who touches printers inappropriately.

Thanks!
Pretty much comes down to experimentation. The fans on some printers are optional for helping dry ink in addition to the heaters. The air feeds in back of printer and Low velocity fans should be fine to extract fumes, but remember, in the case of the UCJV with the front cover, it will want to pull are from the edge right next to where the printing happens. Flow is everything, want enough to move air out, but not enough to disrupt the fine droplets from the head. Basically avoid using high velocity/high volume fans and blowers and pay attention to possible print quality changes.

Diagram below is for the blower on the CJV150/300, the deflector (13) is there to redirect the flow downwards. These are simple blocked off with a plate (3) on the UCJV300/150.
1726749798898.png