• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jack1995

HELP!!!

I had a head strike and as a last resort to get the nozzles i lost back i syringed cleaning solution through the print head. I have now recovered the nozzles that i initially lost, but i have now lost all nozzles on the adjoining black nozzle.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Smoke_Jaguar

Man who touches printers inappropriately.
As long as you didn't try pushing the cleaner through the nozzle plate, it should recover. Best bet is to set the head in a thin layer of cleaner and gently pull the ink through the port, or use an old cap and use that to pull from the bottom of the head. Those DX7 heads are super easy to damage if pushing cleaner through the ports if not being super careful, doubly so if it is an older head.

Best bet would be to do a head wash for a bit and see if you can get the ink flowing. If you feel daring, can also check to see if the manifold got damaged, those are pretty cheap to replace if so.

If the head is still off the printer or the dampers are off, you can try pushing a small bit of cleaner gently through the ports. If the cleaner squirts out another port, your head is delaminated, and ink is flowing inside the head across channels.

Also, you're posting in the classified ads for some reason. Dedicated Mimaki forum here https://www.signs101.com/forums/mimaki.208/

Jack1995

As long as you didn't try pushing the cleaner through the nozzle plate, it should recover. Best bet is to set the head in a thin layer of cleaner and gently pull the ink through the port, or use an old cap and use that to pull from the bottom of the head. Those DX7 heads are super easy to damage if pushing cleaner through the ports if not being super careful, doubly so if it is an older head.

Best bet would be to do a head wash for a bit and see if you can get the ink flowing. If you feel daring, can also check to see if the manifold got damaged, those are pretty cheap to replace if so.

If the head is still off the printer or the dampers are off, you can try pushing a small bit of cleaner gently through the ports. If the cleaner squirts out another port, your head is delaminated, and ink is flowing inside the head across channels.

Also, you're posting in the classified ads for some reason. Dedicated Mimaki forum here https://www.signs101.com/forums/mimaki.208/
thanks for your help.

I will try to put some cleaner through the port.

The nozzle that was damaged when I had the head strike is back to 100% now.

I will re post this in the correct forum aswell