• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki GC-160FXII - Question about maximizing cut area - PIC attached

MarkH42

I have a question about maximizing the cut area and minimizing waste. See attached pic. Up until now, the green area represents the area we cut. It is my understanding that the cut lines have to fall completely inside of the cut marks. But will it cut in the area shown by the red box? In that scenario, SOME of the cut marks fall outside the cut area, but some of the cut marks fall inside the cut area. I hope this makes sense. We are working on a large project and minimizing waste is important. Any help will be appreciated.

Attachments

• Mimaki Marks Cut Area.JPG
    Mimaki Marks Cut Area.JPG
    284.7 KB · Views: 32

GB2

Old Member
You're just going to have to try it to answer your own questions really but it has been my experience that you can cut only as wide as the rollers will go. If you are using the registration marks as shown they can go slightly under the rollers but not too much. Also, if they are too close to the rollers and the material tracks off a little you will get an error and the job won't cut.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Those cropmarks in your picture look backwards to me. Anyway, take a look in your mark settings and find the mark type settings. Mark type 2 might work better for your needs. You can also make the marks smaller but the more distance between the marks, the smaller they are, the more likely the machine is to miss them so you might need to play around with it to dial it in.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The mark size should always be .55" and the line width should always be .012" for every job.
The line width is usually going to be fine at .012" but you can vary the size depending on the job. Rasterlink and FineCut will actually give you a recommended mark size depending on how large of an area it being cut.