• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JFX 200-2513

serendibsnb

Hi all,
I have a Mimaki UV flatbed printer JFX 200-2513EX. I have two concerns and I was wondering if you could advise me on if this is normal or not. The belt of my printer hits the machine when printing. Is it supposed to be that flexible? Secondly, I notice alot of ink puddling specifically near one head. I have attached two pictures so that it is easier to see. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
04cc6b82-d5c0-4b05-a307-127ff0e293a9.jpeg
d4ab2eb8-342a-4a0e-bf75-6eea8997ce4b.jpeg

Smoke_Jaguar

Man who touches printers inappropriately.
Wow, that is pretty loose. Might have need a new chain stiffener, or a link might've snapped out of place. Check to make sure each link is clicked in properly. As for ink buildup on carriage, pretty typical, unless it keeps doing it a lot. Wipe it off and see how quickly it returns.

Horton Signs

Our JFX belt certainly isn't that loose. That looks weird. Maybe follow Smoke_Jaguar's advice above.

Regarding the ink, we've had a number of weird things with pooling on our heads over the years, some caused by static (ours originally didn't have an ioniser/static bar), when our machine was commissioned the tech didn't seat the heads properly I believe, which caused it not to get a good seal with the capping station and another time something was stopping the capping station from connecting with the heads.
That said, we normally get ink sitting on/around the heads, but this doesn't cause an issue and happens naturally as a course of printing. We do the daily maintenance and everything gets cleaned, so never any issue. One thing we have found is ensuring you perform the daily and weekly maintenance required, helps keep the machine running well.

Smoke_Jaguar

Man who touches printers inappropriately.
Can also adjust the capping station height on these pretty easily, since the station is motorized. Covered in the service manual, if you have access to one. Checked our JFX200s (EX and older non-EX) and both chains are pretty snug. The links are designed to snap apart to access the stuff inside if needed, or they can pop out or torqued/twisted in ways not within the flex arc.

artifacture

It looks like all of the heads are leaking. Check the pressure levels. Negative pressure holds the ink in, positive pushes it out. Another option is it was without power for an extended period of time and without negative pressure.