• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki Jfx200-2513 printer misses entire yellow ink on test printing

nyprintasign

Attachments

• test-print-102823 (1).jpg
    test-print-102823 (1).jpg
    1,019.4 KB · Views: 61

Smoke_Jaguar

Man who touches printers inappropriately.
Might be leaking subtank, do a pressure/vacuum test? If just a regular JFX200 (non EX), the subtanks can be pretty reliable. If you have #TEST enabled, go to SENSOR and scroll through the subtanks to see what they read. LO is low, HI is full, LIM is limit/overflow.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It's odd that yellow isn't coming out on the air purge. Either the air purge route is clogged or there is no yellow in the system to purge. That would normally give a supply error though. I would lift the flap on the sub tank to see if there is any ink in the yellow slot. It's ok to look in there for a small amount of time without causing any issues. Just don't leave it open all day. Once you know if ink is in the sub tank or not, that would tell us more about what might be going on.

nyprintasign

Last night I got chance to check yellow ink level in the subtank. In fact there is little yellow ink in the subtank (see attached picture below). But the printer screen does not show low level of yellow ink or any error. Probably the subtank sense for yellow ink is broken. Do I have to replace subtank and subtank sense? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_9757.jpg
    IMG_9757.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 16

Smoke_Jaguar

If the printer has service mode enabled, go to #TEST>SENSOR and scroll through the subtank sensors, should be in same order as your bottle. Disconnect is usually ---/---/---, full is ---/HI/----, low is LO/---/--- and so on.

nyprintasign

Thank you - Smoke so much. Last night I forgot to turn on main power of the printer. This morning I turn on the main power switch. the printer shows a error "SUPPLY INK:_ _ _Y _ _ _ _". I did subtank refill ink up and air purge, and test printing on which yellow nozzle check is prefect ( see attached picture). The situation happened for a number of times. Usually after a couple of days, yellow ink drops off again during printing. Do you think that this is the setting issue you mentioned or subtank sensor issue? thank you a lot

Attachments

• IMG_9760.jpg
    IMG_9760.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13

Smoke_Jaguar

Check to see if you get subtank fillup or supply subtank messages. Yellow isn't a recirculating color, but air in line can cause some drainback. Could also be worth checking the pump box (tall box by power switch box) and see if you see signs of yellow ink leaking. Might be getting drainback.

guillermo

Thank you - Smoke so much. Last night I forgot to turn on main power of the printer. This morning I turn on the main power switch. the printer shows a error "SUPPLY INK:_ _ _Y _ _ _ _". I did subtank refill ink up and air purge, and test printing on which yellow nozzle check is prefect ( see attached picture). The situation happened for a number of times. Usually after a couple of days, yellow ink drops off again during printing. Do you think that this is the setting issue you mentioned or subtank sensor issue? thank you a lot
you are very lucky that Smoke Jaguar gave you some tips on what to do, I had the same problem, but no ink was coming when purged, yellow and cyan, on printed test, only half of the yellow and cyan was printing, did as much as I could and not luck, had to replace print head, (about ($6500 with this tech) about 7 months later, it happened again, but this time was different area and about half inch missing on the yellow and cyan, same tech was charging about 16K to do everything including flushing old ink, (we were using third party ink) and they said we had to use mimaki inks, we did not fix it, too much money, but found another tech that charged us about $5500 to do the same, more experienced tech, printing is great now, it has been already about 8 months.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
you are very lucky that Smoke Jaguar gave you some tips on what to do, I had the same problem, but no ink was coming when purged, yellow and cyan, on printed test, only half of the yellow and cyan was printing, did as much as I could and not luck, had to replace print head, (about ($6500 with this tech) about 7 months later, it happened again, but this time was different area and about half inch missing on the yellow and cyan, same tech was charging about 16K to do everything including flushing old ink, (we were using third party ink) and they said we had to use mimaki inks, we did not fix it, too much money, but found another tech that charged us about $5500 to do the same, more experienced tech, printing is great now, it has been already about 8 months.
Finding a good tech is hit or miss. There's a certain kind of tech who just goes scorched Earth and replaces all of the expensive parts in the hope that that should fix problems. A good tech will explain exactly why they think certain parts should be changed and how it should fix the problem.