• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV3-250SP - Black head failure

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
My guess would be an air leak. Possibly the rubber capping top for the black head, or the o-ring in the nut where the line attaches to the damper.

housemusikid

I have the same printer and ink fills or cleanings take a few tries to get through. It has so far to go. I would not rule out the head yet because your test draw has random lines printing in different areas in both draws. See if that works. You might have a tiny clump of ink clogging your lines and it is trying to get out of there.

artbot

looks like a vacuum issue at the cap as a first guess. the pattern is similar to what is caused by air gettting into the cap and not sealing. also that pattern can be, but rarely, the manifold screen filter has clogged. this manifold filter might be the case on your printer becauce a bad cap top seal would result in a failure to both black lines in that the vacuum to them is universal. to better get a seal at the cap, clean off the cap top and also just swap cap tops with a different head (they pull right off) to see if the issue changes. as for air leaking... an air leak will result in ever decreasing positive ink pressure at the head. which will cause black ink starvation further into a print or ink falling back toward the cart.

there are some way to isolate the issue so that you are stabbing at issues, and if fixed, not accidentally.

first off diagnose if it is an air leak at that damper, or a vacuum situation at that cap. swap the two black lines/dampers (cross the lines to the black head) and see if the issue moves to the new head. if the issue stays at the left side of the head, nothing is wrong with your printer from the dampers back. if the issue moves to the right side of the head, than you have a bad damper, air leak, or clogged ink line. similarly you may be getting inadequate vacuum from that pump (no likely because the other side of the head is fine). in this case to diagnose, swap pump tubes to that head to see if the issue changes.

ludwig

Hightec in Print
Finally, problem solved

Friends, I thank you for your input.
I was wrestling with this failure for around 3 weeks now.
Exchanged everything realted with the ink, dumpers, capping, pump.
Nothing changed the bad output on the black.

Forgot telling you that I have this Triangle Bulk system installed.

Today, I went to the shop with this Bulk stuff in my head.
Looked at it - and recalled physics from school.

If the bottles are positioned too high in relation to the heads, ink flows down the lines and creates small drops under the head, so the head cannot fire on some places.

I measured the height of the bottles, found that it was too high.
Lowered about 2 inches. 2 cleaning cycles and everything was OK.

I do not know till now what SOAB put his hands on these bottles.

Thanks again, Guys.