• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki jv33 issue please help :)

CAALLDAY

Dont know if this is the right place for this question as im a neub but was having some severe head striking with my printer so I raised the head height and raised it too far up and so it bypassed the capping station and hit the metal stopper at the edge of the printer and shut off.

Now as iit does is screen lights up for split second and shuts off but the green power button light turns on but does nothing when I push and the slider board and station board both have a red light that stays on.

When this happened only other issue is the ribbon that comes down from slider board to head was pulled out of its hole so ? if that shorted things out?

has this happened to anyone and if so what was the fix?

any suggestions on where to purchase the cheapest slider board and station board to see if 1 of those fixes the problem prior to having to by a new main board for a fix?

lmk been in the printing game for 6+ years and have seen and fixed alot but first time with this issue so guidance is always good.

Thanks! :)

artbot

not too familiar with the jv33. but as for slider board/main board issues, the way to go is have them
repaired at a fraction of the price. kent at macmedia is the go to for this. if you contact him, he might be able to lead you through a few diagnostics before pulling and sending.

one thing, if the light comes on and quickly turns off, you definitely are in a danger zone. the printer is trying to keep from frying itself. make sure everything is seated tightly and there's no ink/fluid on any boards.

CAALLDAY

Cool I think i might buy a new slider board to check that first as its my cheapest option to figure out the issue in hopes of the main board not being bad.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
This might help - its the JV33 Electrical Troubleshooting docs... http://www.sc1.me/JV33ET.zip

If the head cable got pulled while it was powered up then yeah - something will get fried. Probably the slider board but possible that can also fry the head and mainboard.

I don't quite understand which parts of the printer ran into each other but it sounds like one of the following may have happened:

1. Head Cable got tweaked and is now slight askew and shorting across multiple tracks on the Head
2. As above but has now fried the contacts on the end of the cable
3. As above but has now shorted the Head
4. As above but has damaged the Slider Board or the Main PCB

As far as troubleshooting goes I would suggest disconnecting the pair of Head Cables from the slider, tucking them safely out of the way and then powering the machine on. If it powers up (but throws a Head Error) then this would indicate that that the problem is from the Cables on down. If it fails to Power up without the cables connected then you've probably faced with scenario 4 above.

I have an opened but unused Slider for JV33 that I can let go for a good price if you need it.