• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki Rasterlink7 tiling without media size

JTW

I'm new to Rasterlink 7 as relates to tiling. I can tile a job if the loaded media is wide enough, say splitting a 100" wide image into two tiles when 60" media is in the machine. However, if there is narrower media in the machine, I can't work on that image unless I use more tiles. How can I tile jobs in advance to print later while still running other work? I'm also concerned that if I set it up based on wider media and then open the job with narrower media loaded, it might alter the layout and make it difficult to reprint a correct width tile in the future.

Kemik

I sell stickers and sticker accessories.
Change the page size from Automatic to Manual, just remember to change it back when you load the media because you may print off the page, or use much less of the page if it's wider than the value you entered.

1727960077056.png

JTW

Change the page size from Automatic to Manual, just remember to change it back when you load the media because you may print off the page, or use much less of the page if it's wider than the value you entered.

View attachment 174088
Thanks! That did it. One additional thing once I did that, if I reopen the file with a narrower media loaded, it forces me to change the tile width or it won't let me close the file. I see that I can lock the file when I first set it up to protect against that, but is there a way to close a file without making edits in that case? I have just been clicking the blue "I" in the top right corner to close a file. Is there a better way?.

Kemik

I sell stickers and sticker accessories.
Maybe just don't edit that file unless you switch to manual width or have the material in and ready to print?
If you switch material widths and don't edit that specific file, it will keep the same layout.
RL is not the most user friendly, it has a lot of glitches! :rolleyes: