• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki Replacement gear?

Kemik

I sell stickers and sticker accessories.
Does anyone know if you can buy just the large plastic gear for the UCJV300 - [M011578 - Motor All Assy 1] ?
I already purchased a new motor, but there is nothing wrong with the old one, it just needs a new gear.

1721407155772.png

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It's not delineated in the mechanical drawing so Mimaki won't offer it as a part as a separate piece. A job for a 3d printer maybe?

Kemik

It's not delineated in the mechanical drawing so Mimaki won't offer it as a part as a separate piece. A job for a 3d printer maybe?
Yeah maybe, I don't have a 3D printer myself.
How accurate would they be in reproducing a gear, I imagine it would have the be identical or it would just get chewed up even faster than the original.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Yeah maybe, I don't have a 3D printer myself.
How accurate would they be in reproducing a gear, I imagine it would have the be identical or it would just get chewed up even faster than the original.
That would be my concern as well. I've seen some pretty durable stuff on recent machines but don't know enough to tell you for sure. Might be worth the $86 to just get the motor. The machine is a relatively new model so finding someone parting out a machine might be hard but could be another option.

unmateria

Hi :) scan the old one and send it to print it in pom/acetal. Abs resin with a bath of epoxy works (surpringsly) great too, but acetal is much better since its selflubricant

Smoke_Jaguar

Man who touches printers inappropriately.
Common gear for a NEMA 17 stepper, count the teeth and hit eBay. Can also salvage one from another pump if needed. I have a few kicking around.

Kemik

Common gear for a NEMA 17 stepper, count the teeth and hit eBay. Can also salvage one from another pump if needed. I have a few kicking around.
The large part of the gear has 40 teeth, and the small gear has 20 teeth.
Where would I search for this gear?

Attachments

• 20240722_100859.jpg
    20240722_100859.jpg
    711.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 20240722_100909.jpg
    20240722_100909.jpg
    671 KB · Views: 59

Smoke_Jaguar

Man who touches printers inappropriately.
Dang, thought you were talking about the gear that is grub-screwed onto the motor shaft.