• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help MIMAKI UCJV 300-160 (banding issues (waves or alternating lines) despite the print heads and feed tests showing 100% results.

arsim

Hello everyone,

I’m encountering a problem with my Mimaki UCJV300-160 printer, and I’m hoping someone can offer some advice.
The prints are coming out with noticeable banding (waves or alternating lines), even though the test for print heads shows 100% OK, and the media feed test also passes without any issues.
Also, printing is noticeably darker.

Here’s what I’ve already checked:
  • Print heads are working fine (no clogs or missing nozzles).
  • Media feed test is calibrated perfectly.
  • I’ve tried different profiles, resolutions and print passes, but the issue persists.
Has anyone else experienced this problem or have suggestions on what else I could try? Could it be related to ink density or heat settings? I’m open to any tips or troubleshooting steps!

Thanks in advance for any help.

print waves.jpg

nozzle test.jpg

feed test.jpg

Last edited:

arsim

Might want to enable MAPS.
thank you for your help. I have MAPS4 set to Auto already. As printing is very dark, I think Too much ink is being fired and it cannot cure in time.
In brighter prints the banding is not noticeable. I tried to print the same file with 75% opacity in Adobe Illustrator and printing is much better. So is there anything I can do? should I recalibrate the color or is there INK density edit option?

Smoke_Jaguar

Man who touches printers inappropriately.
If you have a colorimeter, that can be a huge help. If MAPS in auto is having issues, can try selecting a pattern, or disabling it. For me, lots of times I have issues with Adobe formats and I have to convert them to more basic raster types (Tiff, JPG, etc) and things improve massively. Not sure what it is, but hope one of these things help. Can also try running some of the service mode calibration checks. Slight chance a head might've gotten skewed or slanted.

arsim

If you have a colorimeter, that can be a huge help. If MAPS in auto is having issues, can try selecting a pattern, or disabling it. For me, lots of times I have issues with Adobe formats and I have to convert them to more basic raster types (Tiff, JPG, etc) and things improve massively. Not sure what it is, but hope one of these things help. Can also try running some of the service mode calibration checks. Slight chance a head might've gotten skewed or slanted.
Thank you very much! The file was JPG from Photoshop, so it leads that color calibration is not ok. I will try to calibrate it, but in the Rasterlink I was not able to find the option for calibration. Probably i need to create new ICC profile.