• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki UJV55-320 & RasterLink 6 Plus Stuck on reading 12MB File

DavoLab

Basically, I'm looking to print a 60 by 10 ft print, however the file wont be read by the program, it is worth noting is my first time printing anything larger than 25ft but it shouldn't be an issue. File in question is a jpeg, get stuck after opening on rasterlink in reading status at 0%. Tried Tiff and PDF but obviously the file size is way larger.

Any idea of what could be the issue here.

Thanks in advance

Update: I was able to load a 30FT and 40FT but anything higher it wont load.

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I'd open Windows resource monitor and see if any of your computer resources are redlining after opening the job. Sounds like maybe you don't have enough memory or disk space to process the file.

DavoLab

I'd open Windows resource monitor and see if any of your computer resources are redlining after opening the job. Sounds like maybe you don't have enough memory or disk space to process the file.
Thanks for the tip, I've check and Ram and Storage are perfect. Funny thing is i tried segmenting the file to 30,40 and 50 ft. The 30FT and 40FT read fine, but 50 and above it just wont load and get stuck at 0%. Which it doesnt make sense to have 100ft roll and wont be able to use it.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I just checked what the max file length is in Rasterlink and it states 600m which I take a 600 meters. I'm wondering if that's a mistranslation, very common in Mimaki manuals, and they mean 600 inches which is 50 ft. Seems like that's probably the case since you can go up to 50. Bummer.

DavoLab

I just checked what the max file length is in Rasterlink and it states 600m which I take a 600 meters. I'm wondering if that's a mistranslation, very common in Mimaki manuals, and they mean 600 inches which is 50 ft. Seems like that's probably the case since you can go up to 50. Bummer.
Now that would make a lot of sense, even though it didnt let me load the 50ft I'll try tomorrow i with 598 inches and one with 601 and see. If thats the case maybe using rasterlink 7 could be a solution. Thank you for helping me and I'll make sure to update

DavoLab

Try it in RasterLink 7? Both versions can coexist on the same computer, and the upgrade is free if you have a 6 key. See here:
7 seems a bit better at handling larger files, however I have not run a UJV55 myself.
Thanks, I actually have the key for 7 as well since one of the machines came with it, i was unaware that they could coexist which will make the transition way easier. I'll give it a try

Smoke_Jaguar

Man who touches printers inappropriately.
I've run 5, 6 and 7 on the same install of Windows 10 with no issues. Sometimes I work on the Mimaki dinosaurs.

drvinyl

divide it into 4 smaller images then tile them up as the finished image, you might need to turn of AA in rendering options to get it to join correctly.

do a test print at scale of just where all the 4 corners meet and make sure the join will be fine and then print it for real.

DavoLab

divide it into 4 smaller images then tile them up as the finished image, you might need to turn of AA in rendering options to get it to join correctly.

do a test print at scale of just where all the 4 corners meet and make sure the join will be fine and then print it for real.
Thanks for the advice apparently is a rasterlink limitation over 50ft, i was able to tile them up with two 30ft piezes until i found out the reason. I apologize for my ignorance what do you mean by turn off AA