• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaking JV300 & Summa S2T 140 workflow

Gary Wiant

Ok so we purchased the S2T140. I'm happy with the purchase except I'm a little concerned about my print & cut workflow. With my Mimaki JV300 -160 & Graphic FC7000 -130 I design in Signlab, cut from Signlab VPM and print through Rasterlink, I'd do it all With Signlab but at the time of purchase Signlab didn't have a driver for the JV300 and the fact that rasterlink allows for spot color replacement.

My problem is I can not send OPOS XY marks to Rasterlink through Signlab so I'm going to need to export designs from Signlab into Corel (using the Summa's WinPlot and Cutter Design Tools) to apply the registration marks, the import it into Rasterlink to print it & then use Win Plot to contour cut it. It just seems like a lot of messing around with software I really don't know at all.

What is everyone else using for print & cut workflow