• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mini Cooper sunstrip

timstudio

I'm having trouble getting the right dimensions for a sunstrip for a mini cooper R50 (first generation 2001-2004)
I do have the outlines of the car but can't get it right to work out the 2D conversion to the 3D actual car. This window curves in multiple directions grrrr.

I don't have the actual car at hand, and the client I'm doing this for is to far away to measure.
It seems like a very simple decal but I'm loosing it on this one.

Does somebody have a vector or the correct dimensions? Its the white band on top of the window.

miniwindow.jpg

heyskull

The windscreens (windshields) are really curved on these cars and they are a pain to template.
This will have to be cut specially using the actual car as a template.
Either that or you are going to have to get the customer to do some really precise measurements.
I have done a few but I can't seem to find my template.
Also make sure you don't come to far down on the screen as they are not very deep.

SC

Supergirl

I have an 04 mini, but it's like close to 0F in chicago and we're expecting 5-10" of snow today.

IF you don't find a way, i'll take a template with a transfer tape for you.
Let me know!

timstudio

I've sent 2 sunstrips to the client (one which 'should' fit and one that is oversized.) Waiting for feedback.
I did a quick measurement on a mini found on the street.