• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Missing - bent nozzles in Mimaki Jv3 test print, any troubleshooting ideas?

speedmedia

I know this gets covered often and have done a search. For what it is worth I have done several hard, soft, normal cleanings, I parked the heads overnight to soak and it seems to have gotten better but I am still missing some nozzles and have some that are bent or (deflected?)

If I run on 8 pass it prints pretty good, 4 the banding or horrid. I am just trying to get it back. I have been told it could be a bad damper as well as capping station.

Any ideas or anything else I should try?

Thanks,
Kurt

Sorry for the bad pic. All I have.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 814

Rooster

If soaking it made it better then keep soaking it. Park it overnight for the rest of the week and see how many more nozzles free up.

I only see two nozzles that are missing. The deflections should clean up. The one's not printing are the one's to worry about.

You'd be advised to replace both the damper and capping station. Neither are terribly expensive (compared to the print heads). The dampers are the last line of filtering for anything that might clog your head. They may be full of small particulate. The capping station may not be sealing properly to allow for a proper cleaning.

Changing either of those things will not magically fix your print head though. If it's doesn't come clean from the soakings you may need to replace that as well. Try more soakings and the cheaper and easier fixes first.

Also check your wiper blade. It may be nicked and leaving ink behind on the surface of the head.

WB

how do you park it over night with fluid in the capping station? do you do a nozzle wash and then shut off the main power?

GTSTech_1

Ditto on the soaking/nozzle wash. Looking at your pic, to me it looks like you need to adjust alignments, they look like they are printing on top of each other (Could just be the picture).

My .02

Joey Alonso
GTS

MikePro

how do you park it over night with fluid in the capping station? do you do a nozzle wash and then shut off the main power?

i've done this before... its an easy way to bypass the 99min max on soaking. Your printer will eventually drain out the solution and cycle in new ink when it goes into its regular cleaning phaze.

It won't soak overnight, however, without completely pulling the power to your printer (NOT RECOMMENDED. the solution will dry up eventually, as will your ink, and put a nice skin of ink on your heads... leaving you worse off than before).

thewood

It won't soak overnight, however, without completely pulling the power to your printer (NOT RECOMMENDED. the solution will dry up eventually, as will your ink, and put a nice skin of ink on your heads... leaving you worse off than before).

I disagree. I have used this method to soak heads over the weekend, and the cleaning solution didn't dry up.