• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Missing block of Cyan in Nozzle Check -At Wits End!

Allied Digital

No comment is EVER stupid in my opinion. When you say "duff print head" I assume you mean a "bad print head".
I had the problem before putting on the new one.

To Leerees - Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you.

I'm now catchiing up on jobs that I am behind on. This will buy me some more time so I don't completely loose the customers I have worked so hard to gain confidence in!

Allied Digital

OK - I got the Carriage Cables in. I will review the manual but if there are any suggestions out there that will save me from having to buy yet anoter part by screwing up somehow, I would really appreciate it.

I know about being sure to not mix up power cable w the other two, and depleting power by pushing power button after turning off and unplugging (read that here somewhere...)

Thanks in advance!

Thanks, a picture is worth a thousand words

I suspect this a Plumbing issue, It appers that the C Damper it is not pushed all the way onto the manifold on top of the print head.
I will reattach or replace that Damper. Remove the brass nut and replace the O-ring. I noticed your Damper fixing plate it's missing, make sure it is attached...
a thought I had about what the problem could be... possibly cracked manifold (piece that dampers fit into) - above from Compilla, this damper doesn't want to stay pushed down - sort of wants to spring back up...???

Compilla

The Internal Damper o-ring ( seal ) may be "sucking air", if any of the seals leak you don't get to print.

I will replace that Damper. Remove the brass nut and replace the O-ring.

Do not over-tighten the brass nut..

Put your Damper fixing plate back

Stealth Ryder

".... weeks later I decided swapping the cyan lines at the white piece - (y-connecter?) Amazingly the missing channel changed from the 4 channel to the 3 channel!"

Me thinks you just answered your own question... Replace the Damper and O-Ring, do not over-tighten the brass nut... I have seen this very issue before, these steps resolved the issue... BTW, you did not tell me about this when we spoke today...

I think I said this way up above... It is called a Damper, not Manifold...

signage

Stealth I think she is talking about the part of the print-head carriage that the dampers plug into!

Allied Digital

Actually, I'm not sure what I did...was going to change out cables - chickened out.

the channel came back after I pulled the head cables from the head board (connection point at the board) blew on it and replaced it.

Nozzle check. Everything was there!

Now if I could only get the thing back together!

signage

Sounds like it must have been a poor connection of the ribbon cable on either the haed or the board! Good to hear you got it work again!

aroady

Just wanted to put in my two cents.

With my Falcon Jr, I have found that running a short cleaning at the end of the day is better than following the design of running a cleaning the the morning before starting.

Not to say that this has solved all my problems.

Also, I have noticed that running a small test print at 1440x1440 sometimes gets those single jets going again.

--Art