• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Missing one stupid measurement...

njshorts

Where does everyone get their measurements from? I've seen the packs of diagrams (for a LOT of money!) but rarely need the whole pack, just a close measurement or two. Does anyone sell them individually or know where to get general ideas from? For this particular annoyance, it's a 2011 Ford Ranger extended cab. Need the extended cab section, window to bottom, edge of door to back of cab.

njshorts

Vehicle is in Georgia, got the order this morning- truck will be here Monday to install.

Sent a shop hand to the local dealer to measure, but they didnt have any extended cab rangers- hence the missing dimension.

phototec

Here is a side view photo, just size it up to to either full, half, or 1/4 scale using the KNOWN dimensions you have, like the width of the door. Then you will have a scaled template to work from.

I like to work full scale in Photoshop, the actual photo is the bottom layer named "TEMPLATE", which can be dimmed, then build everything and separate layers above the template.

Next Time, just Google 2011 Ford Ranger Club Cab, side view as I did to find the photo.

:rock-n-roll:

Attachments

• 2011-ford-ranger-2wd-2-door-supercab-126-xl-side-exterior-view_100321943_l.jpg
    2011-ford-ranger-2wd-2-door-supercab-126-xl-side-exterior-view_100321943_l.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 150

njshorts

Here is a side view photo, just size it up to to either full, half, or 1/4 scale using the KNOWN dimensions you have, like the width of the door. Then you will have a scaled template to work from.

I like to work full scale in Photoshop, the actual photo is the bottom layer named "TEMPLATE", which can be dimmed, then build everything and separate layers above the template.

Next Time, just Google 2011 Ford Ranger Club Cab, side view as I did to find the photo.

:rock-n-roll:

i must be a retard, couldnt find anything with a dead-on side... and just to prove it, re-searched and found similar.

thanks for saving me on this one! :)

phototec

Another trick, is to again use Google, search for 2011 Ford Ranger brochure PDF, download the brochure and most of the time they have line drawings, sometimes wheelbase dimensions. Again, you can scale the line drawing using Illy to a known scale and you have your template.

See attachment, it's page 9 from the 2011 Ford Ranger brochure, with a nice line drawing at the bottom.

:thumb:

Attachments

• Page 9 from Brochure.pdf
    190.1 KB · Views: 160

phototec

According to the Ford Ranger brochure, page 6, the wheelbase is 125.7" (4x2), so if you scale the line drawing up to that dimension from center of wheel to center of wheel, you should have a full size vector template of the side of the Ranger.
:smile:

Attachments

• Page 6 from Brochure.pdf
    51.6 KB · Views: 169

njshorts

According to the Ford Ranger brochure, page 6, the wheelbase is 125.7" (4x2), so if you scale the line drawing up to that dimension from center of wheel to center of wheel, you should have a full size vector template of the side of the Ranger.
:smile:

:notworthy: