• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

"Missing Parallel Port Device Driver File" error

RBartrand

I've spent the last couple of days trying to figure this out and came down to needing a exe. file called Run Parcheck.exe but I cant find it anywhere on the gerber software or on my computer. I have the dinosaur version of omega ( 1.56 ) does that make any difference?

Pulling my, not so much left, hair out...:frustrated:

RBartrand

No luck

I've checked in every disc i have and can't find it anywhere.
there are 4 items in the folder but not an exe. file.

Tony Teveris

parcheck is only going to tell you if the parallel port is a true ECP port.

If that is what you want email me and I'll send you the file in the morning.

RBartrand

Windows XP

I've actually been running 1.56 on this computer for quite a while now and its worked fine up until now. the only thing that changed was locations, when I hooked everything back up the way I always did in the past, I got that error.

drive

What version of windows are you running. 1.56 supposedly won't run on
XP or higher.
I have 1.56 on xp, vista and windows 7 64x systems. xp is just as simple as installation, vista and 7 take a folder move and permission changes

Tony Teveris

That message appears if the WarpNine driver is not installed. Running GQMgr, go to it's about dialogbox and what does it tell you?

RBartrand

The version has a bunch of question marks after it, In my digging around I read that it is supposed to have some numbers there to fix the problem but I can't figure out how to get them there.

Tony Teveris

If the dialog displays ?.??? then that tells me the driver is not installed, or at least is not "active". I would do a reinstall of Omega 1.56.

RBartrand

Fixxed yaaaahhhooooo

Strange... :helpthere is no exe. file in my ParCheck folder...
any way.. , Tony helped me through this problem :clapping:and it is now up and running just like new.
Thank everybody that helped out in this matter, I wish you all a wonderful day and God Bless all of your businesses.
:thankyou:...Rick

RBartrand

To anyone else who has the same problem, I did a quick re-install of the software, It was up and running within 10 minutes, Good as new...
Thanks again everyone.

daenterpri

I've been dealing with this same issue. I'm running 2.51 and I'm getting the same error when trying to print. I also see a bunch of ?.?.?.? However, I've re-installed several different ways several different times and I cannot get the Warp9 driver to load correctly on my machine.

Anyone have any suggestions?

signage

I've been dealing with this same issue. I'm running 2.51 and I'm getting the same error when trying to print. I also see a bunch of ?.?.?.? However, I've re-installed several different ways several different times and I cannot get the Warp9 driver to load correctly on my machine.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I think you would be better off starting your own thread rather than posting on someone else's. You may also want to try the search feature!