• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Monitor Calibration: eye1 older vs newer i1pro 2

player

I need to do monitor calibration. Will a used i1 do the job? I see the newer i1 pro 2 units and they are worth some bux$...

What about the X-Rite ColorMunki Smile?

Any experienced comments are appreciated.

AF

If it is just for monitor calibration, use a colorimeter like the ColorMunki. If you want to calibrate your printers and everything else under the sun, get a spectrometer like i1. The concern with a used spectro is the age of the lamp, they go out of calibration over time and with use. I would find out the cost to recalibrate / replace the light source before buying a used one so that you know you are not going to spend more than a new one. All of the units you mention should have no problem calibrating your monitors.

wunder

Yes correct what AF write. If you buying used i1 let you send a Screenprint or saved file from i1-Diagnostic so you can see all live times aso.