• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Monitor problems

Flame

Alright, I have some weird monitor issues going on. Maybe not so weird... but they're bugging me.

1. On my new computer and 22" monitor, I can't get the dumb screensaver to work. No matter WHAT I do... it won't get a screensaver!!! Any idea on settings, what I'm doing wrong? Windows XP...

2. My laptop is about 1.75 years old, and the screen has been getting duller and duller, and it's really not bright at all anymore. Any idea on how to fix this? Something to replace? Settings? Non-fixeable?

Any clues on these things? Thanks in advance guys. :cool:

Si Allen

1. Did you go to Start, then Control Panel, then Display, then Screen Saver?

2. There is a special bulb behind that screen on your laptop, some are easy to replace, most are not!

cOrKinSA

Have you powered it off fow a minute lately?
If so is it a Dell?
There should be a Blue "Fcn" key on your left and a little Blue sun pic on your up arrow. Maybe that will work.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Do you have all of your settings set to maximum ??

You just might be burning it out from overuse.

Flame

Have you powered it off fow a minute lately?
If so is it a Dell?
There should be a Blue "Fcn" key on your left and a little Blue sun pic on your up arrow. Maybe that will work.

It's an Acer... but that trick worked!!! WOW! Much better!!!

THANK YOU!!! I was almost ready to throw this thing away! I can be so computer illiterate.:thumb:

S

SignTech

Yeah, LCD

I dunno. Habit? Does having a LCD truly mean I wouldn't need a screen saver?

As a rule flame LCD screens do not burn ....... but using a screen saver for advertising, rotating your business name while customers can see or rotating picture examples etc .. is cool ...... but usualy LCD's won't cause screen burn ... have had my sony screen on 24hrs a day for 3 years not one burn or shadow ... was just curious ......... ~M

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Most of the images I see are just burned in my head . . . Thats another issue all together . . . !

Well here ya go... burn this sucker in forever....................

Attachments

• OP front.jpg
    OP front.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 99

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Do you have that saved in your Computer or do you actually go searching through the forum for OP's Package!!!
:Big Laugh:Big Laugh:Big Laugh

I'm not sure I can tell you.... can you keep a secret ?? :wink:

Attachments

• OP back.jpg
    OP back.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 111