• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help More Opus issues with my summa 160

TobyBeardsall

This is driving me crazy! I am sure you all know the feeling. I have a large contract to produce wall art for an entire office block refurb. when I cut anything over 3m with Opus dots at 400mm, the cutting head progressively cuts 'off' as it goes up the print.

So the Print loads, I slow it down to 100 mm/s. all the dots are found without any intervention. the cutter cuts the first meter or so perfectly, then slowly starts cutting off. I am using 3mm dots that I manually add to the artwork at 400 intervals. (unfortunately I cannot use the adobe plugin as I am using unsupported Cs6.

As you can image I am losing print hand over fist, so desperate to resolve the issue. I have checked and cleaned the pinch rollers.

Any help out there?

Toby

Attachments

• 20230309_111321.png
    20230309_111321.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 106
  • 20230309_111347.png
    20230309_111347.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Did you try to turn on OPOS Panel? It's a setting on the cutter that tells it to only cut what is within 4 of the registration dots before moving onto the next 4. It cuts down on media feed movement and should fix this issue.

TobyBeardsall

Did you try to turn on OPOS Panel? It's a setting on the cutter that tells it to only cut what is within 4 of the registration dots before moving onto the next 4. It cuts down on media feed movement and should fix this issue.
I just turned panelling on as per image, but just made a little breakthrough. So I added the dots at 400mm because that is what the plugin does, but I just removed all the dots except 4 corners and 2 at 1200 and it cut beautifully. I bet you that I placed the dots at 400, but in actual fact they should have been placed at 400 centres. If I placed. would the cutter be losing 1.5mm every time it measured a dot and that is what confused the cutter? Does anybody know the maximum distance between the dots can be. ie: if I am running a 3m print, would dots at 1500 work, or is that too long to see?

Attachments

• 20230309_125005.png
    20230309_125005.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 64

TobyBeardsall

OMG, Loving Panelling, Thanks for the steer.