• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

motocross vinyl/laminate

frontside

This is a quick step into materials used for motocross graphics (except the real ones - clear soft PVC subsurface printed + double coated tape ) ....

so searching on the net i found some stuff , maybe some are manufactured in the same factories and rebranded ...

of course we have the traditional CONVEX used with pro-shield lamination , sticky and rough as it should be , but not that glossy !!!

Mx materials based in Carlsbad http://www.mxmaterials.com/main.sc
Don't know how it looks like ...
maybe the same company as http://www.substanceincorporated.com/ also based in Carlsbad . never seen the products too , but prices are interesting and thickness too .

REMINGTON seems to do his own product in 8 an 12 mil http://www.remingtonlaminations.com/p-91-remiglossy-12.aspx
don't have heard anything on this laminate

PROFORMX that is really conformable and glossy , even cristal but it seems we can only use it on a GERBER edge http://www.packsourcesys.com/productcart/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=33

At last the NAZDAR lamination seems to give some good results for an affordable price compared to convex ...
Notice : i'm French and living here in Europe , most of those products are hard to find here or way too expensive to import ... NAZDAR has a sales office here and i will see if they can sell this lamination .
For printing vinyl i now use something i'm really happy with , the new LG VIZUON 3888 that has been developped for low energy surfaces such as bike plastics and it works well for a low price .... for me , as efficient as convex hi-bond 6

If some of you are living in Europe and have found something good for lamination in MX graphics productions let me (us ) know , thank you

sorry , i saw it's my first post on this forum even if i signed up last year .... and i didn't introduce myself , you have understanded where i come from and what i am doing reading this post ...

frontside

In the UK check out www.allprint.co.uk
Enduro Vinyls.

Substance material is VERY glossy!

Thanks for your help , they sell the LG VIZUON product i was talking about there but i didn't find enduro vinyls ....
Did you use substance products yet ? what about resistance / coating / durability and do you know if they are available in Europe ?i will drop them a mail .

Thank you Pat for your welcome .

TresL

PM me your email addy and I'll foward some info.

I have some substance material on a few test bikes.
So far so good.

Rooster

The Remington stuff is very glossy as well. Double polished. It has a slight blue tint to the laminate compared to a warm tint you'd get with the Convex lam.

Remington is also coming out with a hi-bond base material. They sent me a sample and it seems to perform pretty well so far, but it's not out of testing yet.

Dan811

As a large manufacturer of motocross graphics we chose Substance ultracurve. It is super glossy and sticks like no other. It is always consistent and withstands the abuse from our sponsored riders. An easy recommendation.

frontside

Thank you guys for your help ,
how easy it is to find products in your country and and how cheap it is .... lucky ones :smile::smile::smile:

Anyone has feedback on NAZDAR laminate , i think i can find it here in France .

one13designs

Thank you for all the useful information, I am new to the game and have been buying the convex highbond as well as the pro-shield 12mil. with good results but like I've seen I am not getting the ultra pop from the laminate like others have stated. Also now I am trying to find a vinyl to use for the upper fork legs and rear shock body as well as the swing arm stickers which I'm sure most of you know is not a smooth metal surface but has some texture to it and the convex sticks but doesn't seem like it will last. It has to be clear and able to take print from roland versacamm. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

frontside

if you have started working with convex , the product will fit your needs on swingarms and fork tube ... it sticks well on those textured metal surfaces .

TWEQS

Substance UltraCurve600 color profile

Hey There. Working with the Substance UltraCurve 600 LSE and trying to get the color profile together on my Mutoh VJ1204. Anyone have a suggested color profile to use for this material on my printer? I had the Convex dialed in with the color profile that is available but no luck finding a suggested color profile for this material. Ideas?

TresL

I use a modified version of the oracal 3640.
Roland w/versaworks.

Drop me a PM I can give you some ideas.

heyskull

Hi

Don't touch the LG VIZUON 3888 and laminate material.
This cost us thousands of pounds of re-prints (using convex).
APS reckon their literature didn't state it was for MX bike use but we had kept a copy.
All print supplies (APS) refunded the material cost but it cost us dearly in ink, time and more expensive material!!!!
Granted when this material was applied to the bikes it looked stunning, but after 1 or 2 races it was falling off the bikes and had a matte finish.
All I can think is that the WD40 or alternative lubrication spray these guys use on their bikes destroys the glue and the finish on the laminate.

I have been asked by one of the UK's top MX riders to try substances material as it is a cheaper alternative to convex but I have told him he will have to put up a £3,000 bond before we change materials as I don't want a repeat of this years problems.

SC