• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mounting PVC routed letters to wall

Erikka@Rainier

If your client is opposed to using a mechanical fastener, Liquid Nails is a solution. We have used LN on exterior PVC with great success, until you have to remove them that is. ;) If they are cool with putting holes in the wall, jhilldesigns hit the nail on the head so to speak.

Desert_Signs

interior = brads with the heads clipped off + silicone
exterior = full stud mount (3/16" threaded studs)

For interior I use pop rivets instead of brads, because it's easier.

When I set the file up for cutting, I set the letters mirrored so the cut with the backs facing up. In the file, I pick where I want my "studs" to be, then use the router to drill 1/8" holes in those spots. Rivets with an 1/8" buck-tail fit right in the pre-drilled holes, a little silicone pretty much makes them permanent. Then, I can then "un-mirror" the file and plot a pattern, with the stud holes already marked! Like brads, you then drill tiny holes in the wall (1/16" iirc) for mounting.