• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mounting signs to drywall...

Cynosure

I know, sounds easy right? I'm trying to mount some Masonite backed directory signs (less then 1 lb each) to painted drywall. What is your tape of choice for this? I have some 4941 vhb tape and some 3m black foam tape. Grimco sells vhb 4941 and vhb 5952, saying that should work for everything. 3m says the 4941 "should" work. Hoping someone has some real world experience and knowledge to share. The vhb tech sheets all just seem to say the same thing. I just don't want a call next week saying the fell.

Thank you in advance!

CanuckSigns

I know, sounds easy right? I'm trying to mount some Masonite backed directory signs (less then 1 lb each) to painted drywall. What is your tape of choice for this? I have some 4941 vhb tape and some 3m black foam tape. Grimco sells vhb 4941 and vhb 5952, saying that should work for everything. 3m says the 4941 "should" work. Hoping someone has some real world experience and knowledge to share. The vhb tech sheets all just seem to say the same thing. I just don't want a call next week saying the fell.

Thank you in advance!

Don't overthink it, the 4941 with some silicone will hold these on the wall with no issues!

WB

Any good DS tape and then some extra silicone or construction adhesive depending on the application and sign.

All the tape does is hold the sign in place until the glue dries. You can have the best tape but if the paint sucks good luck, If you go with tape and a reasonable amount of adhesive then that's all you can do.