• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Moving a flatbed cutter??

ForgeInc

We have an opportunity to buy a large, used flatbed cutter/router table. Am curious if anyone has experience with this? Should I call the manufacturer directly, or maybe a reseller to help arrange de-installation, crating, shipping, re-installation etc?

Any good or bad experiences out there buying something similar, be it used zund or gerber or kongsberg cutters, or even flatbed printers?

I think we can get the machine for a good price, but don't wanna pay an arm and a leg to ship it. Also don't wanna be stuck with lack of service from not buying from a reseller.

thoughts?

CustomRide

We have an opportunity to buy a large, used flatbed cutter/router table. Am curious if anyone has experience with this? Should I call the manufacturer directly, or maybe a reseller to help arrange de-installation, crating, shipping, re-installation etc?

Any good or bad experiences out there buying something similar, be it used zund or gerber or kongsberg cutters, or even flatbed printers?

I think we can get the machine for a good price, but don't wanna pay an arm and a leg to ship it. Also don't wanna be stuck with lack of service from not buying from a reseller.

thoughts?

What kind is it? a zund? just have it taken apart and then re-assembled on site. If you keep the legs on them the crate can have a tendency to tweak the bed and everything else attached to it when a $10hr fork lift driver moves it from one truck to another.

We have a good zund service tech who will fly out there if you need service down the road or re-installation.