• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Multi Copies?

Colin

My beloved old ScanVec Inspire 1.6 has the ability to do multi copies (vertically, horizontally, both, diagonally, and circular); is this possible in CorelDraw X5?

Attachments

• Multi-Copy.jpg
    Multi-Copy.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 108

Colin

Thanks. Tried it. Utter crap compared to Inspire. You can't seem to do a multi duplicate vert & horiz at the same time. I tried a horizontal multi copy, and that worked, but then I selected that group and tried a vertical duplication, it insisted on going diagonally only. Grrrr

Last edited:

J Hill Designs

works fine for me...

1. select object.
2. set copies, horiz offset spacing btw objects vert offset no offset
3. select all that
4. set horiz offset no offset vert offset spacing btw objects

Colin

Ok, got that to work. Cannot the vert & horiz duplication be done at the same time (as shown in my JPG in the O/P)?

Colin

You'd think that by now they'd have all the stuff users want & need included in the latest software. Is what I've described really that tough to implement?

It reminds me of a cropping action in Photoshop Elements 5 that was awesome: Click the crop tool and you had a wonderful option called "Use Photo Ratio" where it would use the existing photo ratio for your crop. I paid handsomely for the latest Photoshop 5.5 and it doesn't have that! The developers are fully aware of that function; why consciously take it out of the full-kill package?

qmr55

You'd think that by now they'd have all the stuff users want & need included in the latest software. Is what I've described really that tough to implement?

It reminds me of a cropping action in Photoshop Elements 5 that was awesome: Click the crop tool and you had a wonderful option called "Use Photo Ratio" where it would use the existing photo ratio for your crop. I paid handsomely for the latest Photoshop 5.5 and it doesn't have that! The developers are fully aware of that function; why consciously take it out of the full-kill package?

Check this out: Cropping Photos Without Changing The Aspect Ratio

Colin

Thanks for the link. But wouldn't it be easier and better to simply include the "Use Photo Ratio" in the crop tool options, rather than make us go through a pile of extra steps?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Colin go here and download the tiler script:
http://www.oberonplace.com/vba/drawmacros/tiler.htm

It works with X5 and will do what you want and more.
Once installed go to Customization>Commands>Macros and drag the tiler icon into the workspace or toolbar you want it to show up in, and or assign it to a hot key.

start cloning ......

wayne k
guam usa

Colin

Thanks a million! I saved the zip file to my desktop and extracted the files. I get a "Tiler.gms" file..........how do I install that?

Colin

...although, the instructions for installing the macro doesn't align with the X5 environment at all. Would you be willing & able to list the steps?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Sure
Select all the items in the unzipped folder (tiler.gms tiler_lg.bmp tiler_sm.bmp)
Edit drop down > Move to folder
The .gms file needs to go to the Draw GMS sub folder.
(The 2 bmp bitmaps are just to set the custom icons for the buttons & can go anyplace)
If Draw is installed in the default location the path should look like this:
C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics SuiteX5\Draw\GMS
Drop them in there.

Run Draw and do the setup as in my other post or open up the Macro tool bar - select an object and run the tiler script.

that should do it.

wayne k
guam usa