• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Museum Panels

Mosh

Do a few printed museum panels, 4x8 and smaller. Customer supplied the photos and the text and I lay it out on a textured back ground all turned out well. Now doing a second batch and the customer told me they were going to lay them out so they could save money. Well now the just brought me a disk with the photos and e-mailed me the text....seperatly.
They want to know what I think of it, well there is nothing to look at???
They told me they thought I coud just throw them together, you know but don't to a "big layout" so we can save money? What?

Does anyone else have customers like this or is it just me?

artbot

i've considered with panels and installs like this encouraging the client to just bring the basic layout. the real money is made printing the file.

photos get changed, make this bigger, that one darker, no... wait we sent the wrong version of the pic of whatever. it slows down production. i'm not looking forward to printing mediocre designs. i figure i can tune them up. but basic layout takes tooooo long if you have back to back projects there's no way to predict when client A will give the go ahead while client B's project deadline is coming in hot.

signswi

Helps to achieve and maintain direct contact with the actual designers in your client businesses. You can clear so much up that way instead of trying to guess what is actually needed from the uninformed person ordering.

CanuckSigns

Helps to achieve and maintain direct contact with the actual designers in your client businesses. You can clear so much up that way instead of trying to guess what is actually needed from the uninformed person ordering.

+1 This
9 times out of 10 the poor assistant put in charge of ordering signs for their company knows absolutely nothing of what is expected, what the budget is and has no authority to approve any decision made. they are simply a living breathing answering machine relaying questions and answers between the 2 people who know what they are talking about.

I've never understood this method of management, if you are going to insist that every little detail be run by you first, than wouldn't it be easier to look after it yourself?

/rant

Mosh

Same guy we did the first set, he is just trying to get me to do the layout for free.
Also I was contacted by his "board" to see what the hold up is. He told them I was being slow. I told them the fact was I do not have the finished artwork...so nothing to print. AARRH, time to get my drink on.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Mosh print the photos and then the email with the text.
Stick the printed email onto the photos with some good quality banner tape.

wayne k
guam usa

Baz

Tell them they didn't do any layout, so they won't be saving any money because you have to lay it out ... simple.