• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mustang bumper inserts, Any template?

J

john1

Hey, I have someone wanting MUSTANG inserts on their 2002 mustang rear bumper.

They don't want to do paint they want vinyl letters to match their stripes and no kits out there match the stripe color. It's a odd color too but i found a metallic oracal match for it.

Thanks!

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Hey, I have someone wanting MUSTANG inserts on their 2002 mustang rear bumper.

They don't want to do paint they want vinyl letters to match their stripes and no kits out there match the stripe color. It's a odd color too but i found a metallic oracal match for it.

Thanks!

Are you talking about a lemans stripe you are trying to match to? or a pin stripe? or a side racing stripe? etc

If the stripe is 9 years old and the stock silver ... all metallic vinyls will darken and change color with age ... making matching the vinyl next to impossible, even if you do ... your vinyl will change and it will look different after a year or two. if you can find close to what you need and it's not RIGHT NEXT to the stripe, it will look similar enough to trick the untrained eye into thinking it's the same color.

Now as for the graphics ... is that the model that recessed the letters into the back of the trunk? and if so are they wanting to fill the middles of that with vinyl? if not, are they just looking for the mustang word based logo for a back replacement from that cheap plastic thing?

if they have the mustang with the recessed lettering, talk to a local body shop that has a plasma cnc cutter, and find out how much it will cost to do them out of stainless steel, then all you need is some double sided tape and the customer gets something that won't matter if it matches or not .. it's custom AND something they can remove later. closest i can relate it to ... http://www.roadworksmfg.com/Catalog/International6v4.pdf 4th page ... international rigs have recessed letters on the back of the truck ... because of that molded panel this company makes plasma cut stainless steel lettering to fit into it.

Jillbeans

Oh the dreaded Mustang lettering.
If they won't allow me to paint it I don't do it.
Takes 10 minutes with a brush, but trying to get that perfect size in vynull can take hours.
You can try doing a pencil rubbing on paper and scanning to make your own template.
Love....Jill