• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mutoh 1204 print head problem

Ondrocs

I have replaced my maintenance station and print head, but I can't get a good seal to the cap. What kind of adjustments are there to get a good seal?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
There are no adjustments to the maintenance station. As long as all the screws fit when you put it in, it's in the proper position. The one thing that tends to be out of place is actually the head. Usually it's the left side of the head being too high compared to the right because it gets caught on something. Move the carriage out to the middle of the platen and look at the gap between the head surface and the platen. It should be parallel. If the left side looks higher than the right, that's your issue. Usually you just need to unscrew the head bracket and wiggle it around a little until it falls into place. Don't pull you hair out trying to see if the left side is higher than the right. It's usually very apparent and not subtle difference.

If that's not the issue, make sure all 3 tubes are connected to the bottom of the cap top on the station. If any are exposed to air, it will cause no suction. I've also seen some after market stations simply fail out of the box as well if that's your case.