• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1624 missing ink channels

theshop9100

Hello everybody, y'all have helped me before, I'm hoping you can again. I'll try my best to give all the details of what is going on. The printer had been leaking ink out of the head for a while, so a few weeks ago I put a new set of dampers in, but when i did, I couldnt get it to pull ink through them. I ended up putting a cap top on and was able to pull ink through with a syringe, and the printer printed beautifully. fast forward 2 weeks and I went to print again and i'm missing half the black all cyan all yellow and several nozzles of magenta. I soaked the head, put in a new maintance station and worked with it for a full day and was able to get back most of the nozzles in every ink channel. I printed with it all day long, it printed ok, passable, and seemed to keep most of the nozzles until the end of the day when it suddenly lost all the middle channels leaving only the outter black, and magenta. not sure what to do next, hoping y'all can help. Thanks so much

Ssignature

First thought I had was air leak where the dampers connect to the ink lines. Do you see an abundance of air in the lines? My second thought is the gasket between the manifold and the head

theshop9100

I haven't noticed any air in the lines that go to the dampers, but I do remember noticing some air bubbles in the lines under the maintenance station when I was pulling ink through with the syringe, not sure if that's a problem though?

Ssignature

Also, are you generating waste ink when doing cleanings?
But back to the other issue, some heads develop a gasket leak between the manifold and the head proper. That would pull in air and probably leak ink as well.

theshop9100

it's an OEM maintenance station from solventinkjet, I learned my lesson on the cheapo ones years ago.

I checked to make sure, and I can see ink pumping through the lines when it cleans.

I dont have any experience with the gasket, is that a part that can be changed? The dampers do seem to have fixed the ink leaking issue though. the head is pretty new, I put it in 2 years ago, also OEM from solventinkjet

netsol

it's an OEM maintenance station from solventinkjet, I learned my lesson on the cheapo ones years ago.

I checked to make sure, and I can see ink pumping through the lines when it cleans.

I dont have any experience with the gasket, is that a part that can be changed? The dampers do seem to have fixed the ink leaking issue though. the head is pretty new, I put it in 2 years ago, also OEM from solventinkjet
THEN i would think it would point to a bad oring.
as vanderj always says, cut 1/8" off the hose (assuming you aren't stretched too tight) when you change the oring
we get all our mutoh parts from solventinkjet as well

theshop9100

Sorry, not really an expert here, so a little confused. The only o rings I know of are the ones that come inside the new dampers. Is that what were talking about? And cutting an 1/8" off the ink lines that go in the top of them?

Ssignature

1624’s have twist lock connectors at the top of thr dampers, no need to cut off ink lines but there is an o-ring inside that connector. It does sound like you’ve got air in the head. When you do nozzle checks, do the missing nozzles move around? That’s a sure sign.

theshop9100

Here are my last few nozzle checks, I know they are hard to see, sorry about that. And a picture of the lines incase I'm missing something. The checks are sort of sparatic the second chanel of black and magenta kinda want to come and go.

Attachments

• 20240619_124109.jpg
    20240619_124109.jpg
    960.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 20240619_194410.jpg
    20240619_194410.jpg
    885.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 20240619_194358.jpg
    20240619_194358.jpg
    704.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 20240619_194429.jpg
    20240619_194429.jpg
    723.9 KB · Views: 25

theshop9100

Solventinkjet suggested running some cleaning cartridges through it on a longstore, and the tech on the fellers line said it sounds like the pump, but its brand new...

I'm wondering if I should maybe try to switch the dampers around and see if the missing blue or yellow will print in the place of the black or magenta. It least I would know it's not clogged in the line or valves. What do yall think?