• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1624X Error E067Err PF Encoder

Have you ever had this error. I spoke to one person and they said replace the y motor on the left. I did and i still receive the error.

Then I spoke to one person that said check the x motor on the right.

Can you give me some guidance?

Attachments

• 20240815_130428.jpg
    20240815_130428.jpg
    910.4 KB · Views: 77

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
PF stands for Page Feed or Print Feed so it's the X direction, which is counter intuitive but it's how the engineers look at the printer. Take off the left side cover of the machine and you will see a clear plastic disc. Clean it with alcohol and a clean cloth. Also, make sure the motor can turn by moving it manually. A jammed motor/grit roller can cause this. At the end of the day, it could be a bad encoder disc and/or sensor. Try cleaning first as a lot of the time that does the trick.

I've cleaned the disk and changed the motor.

As soon as the machine is turned on there's 1 click with a 1/4 turn of the motor and it seems to overload and I get the error. I turned the machine off and I recived an E073Err PF2 Current error. Then when I turned it off and on it went back to the original error.

Attachments

• 20240822_123256.jpg
    20240822_123256.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 45
  • 20240815_130428.jpg
    20240815_130428.jpg
    910.4 KB · Views: 44

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I would test the encoder in service mode. If it's working, you might be looking at a new main board unfortunately. If it doesn't work, you might just have a bad sensor.

To test the sensor:

-Power on while holding the up, right, and down buttons
-Once it boots, scroll down to the, "Inspection" menu and hit enter
-Then scroll down to the, "Encoder" menu and hit enter.
-Then select the PF encoder option and hit enter
-Now have someone move the feed motor forward manually and watch the screen.
-If the number stays at 0000, the sensor is broken. If the value changes, it is probably good.

After that the only other thing is the main board as it's what controls the motor.