• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Mutoh 426uf magenta wedding bloodbath -- what causes this?

Seth_J

Hi all. New around here but have been lurking in the background for a while. There's plenty of posts about jets and nozzles failing but nothing I could find about this. Figured it was time to join and ask. :)

We walked away from a print and came back to this mess. Any ideas where to start?

When this happened we found out we were out of white ink, so this kind of sat there for two days until I could do a nozzle check print -- which looked mostly okay except for the distinct lack of magenta ink. I think it's out as well but I didnt replace it yet. I decided to take the side panel off and check for-- anything wrong. Nothing odd looking -- everything looks normal. Took time to swap out the capping station and the wiper. It's doing a head soak in cleaner right now but going to fire it up to try again shortly. Anyway, any ideas one what to check/look for would be appreciated.

One thing to note, we barely use this printer -- at least compared to what I see posted about full production printers. Maybe once a week now. We do keep the ink circulating and perform maintenance and it's mostly worked fine for the past few years.

Attachments

• mutoh bloodbath.jpeg
    mutoh bloodbath.jpeg
    121.2 KB · Views: 69

Seth_J

Well.. after soaking still nothing. It prints white (that is out of alignment for some reason) and no color. Ugh.