• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Falcon 46 streaking

idntiteez

I just purchased a used falcon outdoor, and am just starting to play with it. I'm trying to print real simple black text and there is some minor streaking of the ink. The printer was printing wonderful when i picked it up and but since i got it home i'm noticing a lot of streaking. I tried the cleaning and still am getting some. What do I do to correct this. I am new to digital printing.

Thanks,

R08

what do you mean by streaking? Can you show a sample. What does the test print look like?

O and by the way... Welcome.

( probably a good idea to introduce yourself to this forum before asking too many questions)

Jackpine

Do a manual cleaning of the print heads to remove lint or other type of "fuzz" that may be causing the ink drop.

Compilla

What are you printing a Raster or Vector file?

What are you using for Black? RGB or CMYK?

For vector objects you should be using 100%K, C, M, Y 0%.
Some people design it at C100 M100 Y100 K100 though.... and that's just too much ink to be laying down,
and it makes a mess when you go to print.

check around your heads too.
Lint, fluff and junk gets caught around the heads and carriage
That's all the info I can provide based on the info you provided.